1) PICK ONE SONG: either “Billie’s Bounce” or “Bag’s Groove”
Billie’s Bounce (+/- mm = 164)
or Bag’s Groove (+/- mm = 120)
- Play 5 choruses:
- Walk (accompany) for two choruses
- Solo for three choruses
2) PICK ONE SONG: either “Blue Bossa” or “Triste”
Blue Bossa (+/- mm = 130)
- Play 4 choruses:
- Bossa bass line for two choruses
- Solo for two choruses
or Triste (+/- mm = 125)
- Play 2 choruses
- Bossa bass line for one chorus
- Solo for one chorus
HOW TO RECORD YOUR AUDIO FOR US
- The Music
- It doesn’t matter which two songs you pick. It won’t affect your Practice Plan or Playing Evaluation.
- Don’t stress too much! This is just a snapshot of your playing in one moment in time.
- Lead sheets and MP4 play-along tracks for the music are available on the website for download, or you can use your own.
- Tempos are “suggested” but not required.
- Record and upload your two recordings as two separate files.
- Make sure the files are no large than 5MB.
- Need help making your files smaller? We recommend www.mp3smaller.com or www.videosmaller.com (both free and easy to use!).
- Do a test recording first to see that the volume of the play-along track and the volume of your instrument is a good balance.
- Don’t worry too much about the quality. Anything recorded on a smart phone or equivalent is good. (Keep it simple!) Whatever app is on there for audio recording will work just fine.
- If you want to get a bit fancier, there are many fantastic digital audio recorders out there (I have a Zoom H4n). That said, your phone will be just fine!
- Click here for a helpful video guide from Jeff.
- Have fun with it, and we’ll all move ahead together from here.